Window cleaning is one of those tasks that many people try to take on themselves, but often fail. The reason for this is because window cleaning is not as simple as it seems. There are a lot of steps involved, and if you’re not careful, you can damage your windows. In this blog post, we will walk you through the steps to clean your windows like a professional. We will also discuss the benefits of hiring a professional window cleaning service a few times a year.
At Trushine window cleaning in Houston, we understand the importance of having clean windows. Not only does it make your home or business look more inviting, but it also allows natural light to shine through. Clean windows can also help you save money on your energy bill by keeping your home or office cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
So, how do you clean your windows like a professional?
First, you need to gather your materials. For window cleaning, you will need a soft cloth, clean water with a small amount of dish soap, a vinegar and water solution in a spray bottle, and a squeegee. You will also need a ladder if you’re cleaning windows that are too high to reach. Once you have your materials, start by mixing your vinegar and water solution in the spray bottle. a 1:1 ratio usually does the trick.
Another step before you start cleaning is to remove any screens, window treatments, or furniture that could get in the way of accessing both the inside and outside of your windows.
When it comes to window cleaning, there are two main parts – cleaning the inside of the window and cleaning the outside.
Interior Window Cleaning
- Start by washing the window with a sponge and clean water with a small amount of dish soap. You may need to scrub to get off caked on dirt and grime.
- Next, wipe down the windows with a clean, damp cloth to remove the soap.
- Then, spray liberally with vinegar and water and wipe in a z pattern with your soft cloth. Be sure to move quickly so the vinegar solution doesn’t have a chance to dry on your window.
- Once you’re happy with how clean your windows are, you can use a clean, dry cloth (or even black and white newspaper) to thoroughly dry your window to a streak-free shine.
If you’re cleaning multiple windows, you may need to go over each window more than once.
Exterior Window Cleaning
Now that the inside of your windows are clean, it’s time to tackle the outside.
- Start by spraying down your windows with a hose to begin the process of removing dust and dirt.
- Then you’ll follow the steps outlined above to clean the glass of your windows. Start by using a sponge and your dish soap/water mixture and continue with your vinegar and water solution.
- Then, use your squeegee to wipe the window in a z pattern from top to bottom.
- Finally, be sure to dry your windows using a dry towel, paper towels, or newspaper to leave them sparkling clean.
Once you’re finished, step back and admire your work! Clean windows can make a world of difference in the appearance of your home or business.
While you can certainly clean your own windows, there are many benefits to hiring a professional Houston window cleaning service a few times a year. Professional window cleaners have the experience and expertise to get your windows squeaky clean. They also have the right tools and equipment to get the job done quickly and efficiently. Hiring a professional window cleaning service can save you time and money in the long run.
If you’re looking for window cleaning in Houston, look no further than Trushine Window Cleaning. We are experts in residential and commercial window cleaning. We use the latest window cleaning technology and equipment to get your windows clean in no time. Contact us today!